Paramahansa Yogananda emphasized that the united devotion and concentration of many devotees can powerfully increase the depth of each individual's editation.
We hold regular services three days a week:
10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Meditation Service
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon Sunday Readings Service
7:00 p.m. Energization Exercises
7:15 – 8:30 p.m. Meditation Service followed by Prayer Service
8:35 – 9:00 p.m. Private Meditation
5:10 p.m. Energization Exercises
5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Meditation Service followed by Prayer Service
5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Kirtan Service followed by Prayer Service (Last Saturday of each month)
7:40 – 9:30 p.m. Meditation Service (Last Saturday of each month)
These services begin with readings from Paramahansa Yogananda and SRF publications, followed by devotional chanting which allows for longer and deeper meditations.
Meditation services provide opportunities to practice the methods of concentration and meditation taught by Paramahansa Yogananda in the Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons.
Kirtan Services allow for longer periods of devotional chanting alternating with meditation.
The chanting is led by our Kirtan Group that plays traditional Indian musical instruments.
Also, please be advised that access to the chapel is not allowed during periods of meditation and prayer.
Cell phones and alarm watches should be turned off before entering the chapel.
Unfortunately, at the present time we have no resource for looking after children during our Services.
Commemoration Services are held during the year to honor the birthday and mahasamadhi anniversaries of the SRF line of Gurus: Jesus Christ, Bhagavan Krishna, Mahavatar Babaji, Lahiri Mahasaya, Swami Sri Yukteswar and Paramahansa Yogananda.
(Mahasamadhi means "great ecstasy" - the union of the soul with the Infinite during a God-realized yogi's final exit from the physical body).
All SRF members are encouraged to attend the Commemoration Services. As well, all are welcome who are well enough acquainted with SRF teaching s to appreciate the significance of the Guru-disciple relationship and to participate in the Service with sincerity and reverence.
Every year we hold Commemoration Services on the following dates:
- January 5 - Birthday of Paramahansa Yogananda (1893)
- Paramahansa Yogananda Commemorative Meditation *
- March 7 - Mahasamadhi of Paramahansa Yogananda (1952)
- March 9 - Mahasamadhi of Swami Sri Yukteswar (1936)
- Good Friday Meditation *
- Easter Sunday *
- May 10 - Birthday of Swami Sri Yukteswar (1855)
- July 25 - Mahavatar Babaji Commemoration Day
- Janmashtami (Birth of Bhagavan Krishna)*
- Bhagavan Krishna Commemorative Meditation*
- September 26 - Mahasamadhi of Lahiri Mahasaya (1895)
- September 30 - Birthday of Lahiri Mahasaya (1828)
- All-Day Christmas Meditation*
* The exact dates and times for these services vary each year, but they are posted well in advance in our E-Bulletin and the monthly calendar of services.